Saturday, October 31, 2009

Textuality l 365 Starry Nights



My Textuality Assignment, to Create a poster using some of the data about the book on amazon. Using visual and typography to reflect and tell the story about this book. Experiment with type. Use a grid and typography in a beautifully way.

365 Starry Nights, the book I chose. I used the format of 365 days in calender and then applied them as a grid for the word review this book from amazon. I broke the words out by a letters and follow the structure of calender. I created two contrast grid between rigid structure and the random character of sky.



Here is another design for this book. I used the radial form of constellation as a grid and inform the most words in this book "concordance". Taking related words and separating them by different fonts, this pattern also refers to the stars map as well.